Thursday, August 18, 2011

Why Do I Feel Guilty When I am Happy

have you ever noticed, or perhaps it is just me and the circle of people i am surrounded with, but in general it seems people don't want to hear good news, they don't want to see the bright side, or hear how great your day, hour, week or life is...I often find myself feeling ashamed to admit i am happy, ashamed to admit I had an awesome day. Embarrased to announce that hey! I like myself, I am getting stronger all the time, I am proud of my accomplishments and the woman I am becoming. Not pride or arrogance, but a healthy self image. I am just gaining this image, it does not come naturaly at all but I am teaching myself to feel good about myself, to accept, and love and praise myself...why not... i do others...The trick now is to not let others derail me from this mindset or drag me back into the pity party pit (more on this later). I lived there for many years and have been clawing my way out for the last 3 years. sometimes i lose my grip and slide down a bit. but i am getting better at not staying there long and climbing right back out. yeah me... go me... shhhh me

No comments:

Post a Comment